It takes its name from the combination of two diets it comprises: the “Mediterranean Diet” and the “DASH Diet” and recalls the goal for which it was developed: to delay cognitive decline. Let’s find out the mind diet
there mind diet It is an example of a healthy diet useful to maintain Cognitive abilities Prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. It is important to increase the intake of plant foods and reduce the consumption of foods of animal origin, which are high in saturated fats. “In fact, The Mind Diet does not have a set weekly schedule – explain Romina Cervigny, A biologist and nutritionist, with specific guidelines and amounts to follow, but provides a series of ingredients that should be consumed in large quantities for brain health: green leafy vegetables, nuts, berries, beans and other legumes, whole grains, fish, poultry, olive oil and wine in moderation.
Among the foods to reduceInstead, there’s red meat, butter, margarine, cheese, desserts, and fried or fast food as much as possible Increase the risk of cognitive decline.
The Mind of Diet and Longevity Diet: Similarities
The MIND diet has a lot in common with longevity diet Developed by Walter Longo. In addition to the indications listed, as guidelines for people at risk of developing dementia, the following are also recommended:
- drink some coffee, for relatively low-risk individuals, 1-2 cups daily; For individuals at risk, up to 3-4 cups per day, but after consulting a doctor.
- Supposedly 40 ml of coconut oil daily.
- Follow a diet rich in nutrients such as omega-3. Among the foods rich in it we find fatty fish, preferably small fish, such as mackerel, anchovies and anchovies.
- Prefer foods rich in vitaminsespecially from group b, such as fish, eggs, peas and green leafy vegetables; there Vitamin E, such as extra virgin olive oil, seeds, nuts, and avocados; there Vitamin C Found in citrus fruits, kiwi, berries, tomatoes and spinach. there Vitamin D Like fish in particular mackerel, sardines, cod liver oil, mushrooms and above all through exposure to sunlight.”
- Consume daily supplement vitamin, To make up for any nutritional deficiencies.
© Reproduction reserved