Electric cars, Italy is a country of “risk”: the situation at the moment is tragic

The electric car is the future, it saves gasoline and everything else, perfect. But we have to recharge these vehicles somehow, right? The data is encouraging but there are still problems to solve…

Electric cars from 2035 will inevitably make up the bulk of the cars in circulation in Italy, and there’s not much to discuss. European regulations that will come into force within ten years in fact confirm this as a first step to combat global warming due to environmental pollution is a gradual increase Number of green cars in circulation in all member states.

Fiat 500e, the first electric car produced by the brand (Stellantis Media)

An article could be written about the issue of electric cars and about the sustainability of this transition or not in the near future, but today we are talking about another problem. question for charging stations For green cars, no less important is the emergence of electric models on the market. It’s a basic issue: If I don’t have a way to charge my electric car, why should I buy it?

investigation by Inside EvsA portal dedicated to the world of electric cars, Summarizes the Italian situation From this point of view in an efficient way: the good news is that we are seeing a gradual increase in the number of charging stations or poles, if you prefer, in Italian cities. But there is also bad news, unfortunately.

hard work to do

According to a report in Italy in the first months of 2022 we counted 28,000 charging stations across the country, About 2,000 more than those opened in all of 2021. Very encouraging data showing a 7% growth in the distribution of electric charging stations. However, what creates problems is the slow process of connecting them to the electricity grid: at least 12% of these new stations are still waiting for activation and not working.

NPR Tesla 15_06_2022 Quattromania
Tesla full of electricity (NPR.com)

Among the active columns, it is recorded conservative deficiency of direct current structures that will be faster than conventional alternating current structures. The relationship is overwhelming and sees 93% of those opposed to the former. Of the 28,000 plants, 77% are in the power range between 7 and 43 kW overall.

Now, what is possibly the worst problem. Unfortunately, this transition also occurs resource malfunction Between the north, center and south of the country. 57% of the charging stations are located in northern Italy while the remaining 43% is divided unevenly between the center and the south. Lombardy, Piedmont and Lazio remain the most “affordable” regions, with Rome and Milan topping the rankings of “most livable” cities for motorists equipped with a similar vehicle.

In short, this year – at least for the time being – we have seen significant but heterogeneous growth, as confirmed by the platform Motus-E who writes: “This is encouraging. You have to hit one. Better uniformity In the future”. We’ll see with what numbers we wrap up the year. In the meantime, we hope we’ve given you a general idea of ​​how this difficult but necessary environmental shift can occur.

Leave a Comment