Just a few days ago we wrote about the new FGS image of James Webb Space Telescope Which made us understand what the potential of this new scientific tool will be. NASAAnd the ESA The CSA, however, did not want us to stay for long with “breathless” That is why they predicted what the goals of the first images and the first data are from JWST.
As we know, this space telescope It allows to capture the frequencies of infrared radiation and the range of its potential in different fields allowing for example to determine the characteristics of exoplanets but also to know the early universe, a few hundred million years after the Big Bang. In addition to JWST They will collaborate to examine the center of the Milky Way and much more. And so the engineers and scientists wanted to give us only the first taste of its potential inEvent to be held in 12 July 2022 From 16:30 (ESA will start live at 15:45) Italian time. And then we can see the release of data and studies for the next five years (and maybe even 20 years thanks to the exact launch of Ariane 5).
The first images of the James Webb Space Telescope
As written above, the agencies that cooperated in the investigation space telescope They wanted to anticipate the topics we would see in first pictures (And in the first data). Teams that collaborate in managing James Webb Space Telescope They wanted to choose a set of goals to leave to us open mouthaccording to the buildings.
According to the official list, we will see photos and data:
- Carina Nebula One of the largest and brightest nebulae in the sky, 7,600 light-years away from Earth in the constellation Carina. In particular, it contains massive stars, much larger than our Sun.
- Exoplanet WASP-96 b – From this large exoplanet, we will see the spectrum, which should resemble that of a gas giant (half the mass of Jupiter). The exoplanet is located 1150 light-years from Earth and orbits its star in 3.4 days.
- NGC 3132 (Southern Ring Nebula) It is a planetary nebula where an expanding cloud of gas surrounds a dying star. Its distance from Earth is 2000 light years.
- Stephen Quint It is located 290 million light-years from Earth and is located in the constellation Pegasus. Its discovery dates back to 1877 and a popular image was created thanks to Hubble’s WFC3.
- SMEX 0723 – You will deal with a vision in the depths of the space field, as was already expected in the past. This is possible thanks to a gravitational lensing created by groups of galaxies located at a shorter (relative) distance. This allows you to see relatively faint objects.
After the first images and the first data, new targets will be selected for the first year of scientific observations (also called “first session”). Finally, after being designed in the mid-nineties and released that was only possible on Christmas Day 2021, the launch of James Webb Space Telescope Ready to show his potential. We know it will happen “Fabulous!”.
Gift ideas, why waste time and risk making mistakes?
Give a good amazon!